As the nation's oldest city, there are many Things to Do in St. Augustine Memorial Day Weekend 2011.
On Friday, May 27th is a concert by the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra on the lawn and terrace of the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach. Gates open at 5 p.m. with pre-concert entertainment beginning at 6:30 p.m. The Jacksonville Symphony concert will be at 7:30 p.m. Free.
Saturday, Sunday and Monday enjoy the following activities:
- Eco Tour - Sail on a 27=foot catamaran for a 2-hour journey. $45 per adult, $35 per child.
- Beach Horseback Riding - Country Carriages offers daily one-hour rides from Surfside Park on Vilano Beach. $75/person.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theater - Experience the 1st theater on St. Augustine's St. George Street with a meal ang live entertainment daily with a matinee at 2:30 p.m. and evening show at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $43.15.
- Florida Agriculture Museum Tours - located at 7900 Old Kings Road in Palm Coast just over the St. Johns County line, active duty military personnel and veterans receive free admission and tours all weekend. The tours begin at 10 a.m.
- St. Augustine Air Show - Located at the Northeast Florida Regional Airport in St. Augustine, see renowned aerobatic pilots, military exhibits and wing-walker, Teresa Stokes. There will also be the only all women skydiving demonstration team in the world, the Misty Blues and Robo Saurus, the car munching giant robot. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. and show begins at 1 p.m. $10/day adults; $5/day for children over 5.
Saturday , May 28th
- Living History Days at Ft. Mose - Members of the Los Presidiales de San Agustin will present 18th-centruy historical interpretation programs at Ft. Mose from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at 15 Fort Mose Trail in St. Augustine. $2/person.
- Uptown Saturday Night - Visit the galleries, antique stores and unique shops on St. Augustine's San Marco Avenue between Ripley's Museum and the Mission Nombre de Dios from 5 - 9 p.m.
Monday, May 30th
- Concerts in the Plaza - St. Augustine's Jazz Society will perform in St. Augustine's historic Plaza de la Constitucion from 1 to 5 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Free.
For phone numbers, websites and more details on the above click here.
Barbara Jenness takes joy in assisting people in buying or selling their home or land in northeast Florida (St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra, and Jacksonville). She is a community activist and leader serving as President of Friends of A1A 2008-2010, Past President of Scenic & Historic A1A in St. Johns County for over 10 years, and past vice-president of Vilano Beach Main Street (North Shores Improvement Association). She is a past president for WCR in St. Augustine and a member of South Ponte Vedra Civic Association, Porpoise Point, Serenata Beach Club, and Palencia. She founded and is a Past President of the St. Augustine Regional Council (StAR Council) to promote the St. Augustine area to individuals outside the region.
Awards: REALTOR of the Year, Businesswoman of the Year, SPIRIT Award Passion, Five-Star Best in Client Satisfaction-7 Years Winner